Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Porous Pavement Trail in Albany, NY

I stopped by the Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center today since it wasn't too far from my hotel. The site has some porous pavement trails that I wanted to check out after looking into some green infrastructure sites in the Hudson Valley. Based on information available from the NYSDEC website, this type of porous pavement mixture includes recycled tires. The function is the same concept as I discussed in my previous post, except the mixture may differ especially for proprietary products such as this one. There are many others as well that involve the use of recycled glass, etc.

For more information on this site, see this link: NYSDEC Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center Porous Pavement.

I am now off to my vampire oversight shift!

 Here are some photos I took:







Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment